Flavours of dried fruits, almonds and hazelnut are followed by subtle, complex and ethereal wood and spice qualities. Culminates in a sweet, fortified finish. Just delicious!
Founded in 1880 by Adriano Ramos Pinto, this Port House has always had a pioneering spirit – from the distinctive and stylish ‘art nouveau’ advertising from the 1900s to the continuing wide ranging vineyard research with results that have benefited the whole port trade. Champagne Louis Roederer, now the majority shareholder, perpetuates this philosophy and ensures continuity in a company renowned for wine-making excellence.
Ramos Pinto holds the largest proportion of vineyards in relation to its production, giving it a high degree of control over viticultural methods and harvest timing. The house tends 187 hectares of prime vineyards in the Alto Corgo and Douro Superior areas of the famed Douro region, the mountainous valley formed by the Douro River and its tributaries.
Made from wines from the Ramos Pinto estates located in the best areas of the demarcated Douro region. A blend made from several Port wines that have been aged in casks for decades at the Ramos Pinto cellars in Vila Nova de Gaia.